Nurture Your Leads into Becoming Customers
Even though a visitor converts to a lead (i.e. through a web form, content download, asking a question), it doesn’t always mean they are immediately ready to have a discussion with your sales team. That’s when the engagement process begins. Lead nurturing campaigns are effective for providing valuable and relevant content on an ongoing, but not overwhelming, basis to your leads in an effort to help move them toward making a purchasing decision.
Lead Nurturing Campaigns
Lead nurturing helps you transform your email marketing and turn it into a powerful tool to send your leads valuable and relevant content through segmented lists, utilizing demographics, interests, personality types, and many other characteristics that make a lead nurturing campaign successful. These emails are developed to be sent automatically and at specific times for a length of several weeks to even a year. Every email message contains a call-to-action in an attempt to get the lead to take further action. This allows you to understand what your next steps should be in the sales process.
Lead Nurturing Content Personalization
Once a lead is captured in your marketing automation system, his or her interactions with your content (website pages, blogs, form conversions and email opens and clicks) are all recorded in the contact database and tracked via marketing automation.
Upon return visits to your website and blog, you can present your lead with new content that also provides more in-depth information and answers any questions.
This includes text or graphics on the website, calls-to-action, download opportunities and “smart forms” that include progressively more detailed contact information while hiding previously filled-out fields. This helps to increase conversion rates by keeping forms short and easy to complete. The beauty of content personalization is that it accomplishes the mission of lead nurturing without any outbound activity like sending an email or a piece of direct mail.
The benefits of lead nurturing can be dramatic:
- Reduce the number of leads lost due to lack of follow-up information
- Move more leads down the sales funnel automatically
- Qualify your leads by their interaction with your content
- Segment your leads into buy-cycle stages for lead nurturing
- Deliver highly qualified sales leads to your sales team via CRM integration
- Reduce the sales cycle and churn, while increasing lifetime value
The challenge is finding internal resources
It can be a challenge for businesses to create the content, emails, landing pages and workflows for lead nurturing campaigns. In addition to modern marketing automation software, lead nurturing requires an effective process and talented content marketers and inbound marketers to create and manage the campaigns.
We are known for creating effective content for buyer personas that map to the stages of the sales funnel for lead nurturing. Our team works with you to create and promote lead nurturing campaigns and operate your marketing automation system to move leads down the sales funnel and pre-qualify them for your sales team. We do this by following a well defined lead nurturing and marketing automation process:
- Content creation, design and optimization for lead nurturing campaigns
- Integration of demand generation campaigns with lead nurturing campaigns
- Creation of lead nurturing emails, landing pages and confirmation pages
- Creation of personalized content, calls-to-action and smart forms
- Placement of calls-to-action on web pages, blogs and social media
- A/B testing of all lead nurturing and content personalization components
- Management, KPI analytics and reporting for lead nurturing campaigns